Setting up your service
To ensure the highest degree of service, all prospective clients are contacted to make an appointment to visit prior to the start of your home care service, except if an emergency set up is required.
A Care Coordinator will visit to discuss the service requirements which includes:
- Preferred days and times
- Assessment of tasks required
- Any other preferences
- Completion of risk assessment forms
- Drawing up a Care Plan if required
We actively encourage involvement from clients, their families and carers in setting up any care or domestic support. Helping Hands Care is bound by its confidentiality policy, this is available on request.
Written confirmation of the arrangements will be provided once the service has been agreed.
A Change in Your Service
Once a service has been set up and staff allocated, Helping Hands Care will only make changes in consultation with the client.
The reasons for change to a visit might include:
- member of staff is sick, on holiday, undertaking training or is leaving Helping Hands Care
- service requirements have changed
- if a client or a member of staff requests a change for legitimate reasons
- if a non professional relationship has developed