Community Carers Needed
Are you a caring, honest person, with good practical skills and a friendly and cheerful disposition?
We are looking for reliable, dedicated and compassionate staff to join our team in either the Honiton or Exmouth office.
Would you enjoy visiting service users in their own homes to ensure they get the helping hand and care they need? If you have previous experience within a healthcare capacity or are looking for a change of career, you may be just the person we are looking for – being a carer can be a very rewarding role.
New to care?
Don’t worry! As long as you will have a genuine passion for caring or the desire to understand how important this role is to the daily lives of those you care for, you’ll be fine. You must be a team player, that’s key, but equally able to work on your own initiative.
Experienced and trainee carers, alike, we can provide career development and support to ensure you reach your potential. Don’t hesitate, apply today.
- £11.00 – £11.50 per hour
- Permanent contract
- Guaranteed hours
- Full training and support
- DBS check paid by company
- Free uniform
- Pool cars available for work purposes
- Career development
Duties will include:
- Visiting service users in their own homes, assisting them in day to day living tasks to ensure they are as happy and healthy as possible
- This will include personal hygiene, getting washed/showered, dressed and assisting with meals and drinks as well as taking to appointments, the shops and assisting with medication
- Completing basic paperwork and following care plans in place
- Adhering to all CQC, safeguarding and infection control guidelines in place
- Committed to updating knowledge of the sector and changes in the workplace
You will be there as a familiar face, someone to make them feel comfortable and safe in your presence and be improving their lives wherever possible.
- Will have previous experience within care capacity, whether this be community, care home, hospital or similar or perhaps caring for a family member, though not essential as full training given
- You must be a driver with a valid driving licence, ideally with access to car, though pool cars available
- Be able to work every other weekend or one regular day every weekend
- Have a calm, polite and caring nature
- Genuine interest in supporting vulnerable adults and wanting to make a difference.
- Various shifts and contracts available with some flexibility,
- Usual shifts 7am-2pm and 4pm-10pm (there is some flexible as to shift pattern)
- There is a requirement to work every other weekend, or one day every weekend.
To apply please click the button below.